Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fish on the line

Here is a surf fisherman, and there is a fish on his line, if you look closely in the lower right corner. Has he caught a small fish?

No. The fish on his line is his bait. I am not a fisherman, but I do surmise that if he is using a bait fish of that size, he is looking to catch a much larger fish.

I asked him how the fishing was. He told me it was very good the day before I took this photo, but he had not yet had much luck this day. This fisherman is a Canadian who has a condo near the beach in Playa Langosta, where I took this photo. He said that he is building a house on the beach. That will make it easier for him to fish, and the fish will be even fresher to take time to cook.

We are showing photos of Papeete, Tahiti, this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

He must have great strength to fish in those surging waves and to reel in a fish of a size that would take that bait whole. Regarding your kind words the other day, thank you, but you give me far too much credit.

Bob Crowe said...

Geez, you keep reminding me that I'm still in St. Louis and won't be in Tamarindo for five months. The great sport fishing here is trying to catch catfish by hand in the river shallows.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I wonder what a very bad fishing day for him would be?

Sharon said...

It always amazes me that you can catch fish in such surging waters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...