Saturday, December 11, 2010

Papayas hanging on a tree

This is a closer view of a papaya tree, with a load of fruit hanging. Papaya trees have a single stalk and can grow as high as 6 meters, or nearly 20 ft.

I stopped along the side of a rural road to take a few photos of these papaya trees. Tomorrow I will show you what happened next and why I was very glad that I had gotten out of my car at that time and place.

We are showing photos of wildlife in the Serengeti plain of Tanzania this week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

6 comments:

Kate said...

They certainly are abundant, aren't they?

brattcat said...

Oh, a cliff-hanger...

Leif Hagen said...

Fun to see the Papayas and monkeys and birds, oh my!

Sharon said...

I love it when you leave us hanging in suspense.

Judy said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to hear what happens next.

About the parking garage camment you left, I posted a picture of that structure on Oct. 12. It is located in a place where it fits in ok. I'm not sure how many out of town people know it's there though.

Sharon Creech said...

Had never seen a papaya tree before--thanks for posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...